To ensure the impact of a data breach is contained as much as possible, it’s important that every organisation that processes personal data, establish a data breach response plan.
Once a personal data breach has happened, the situation must be quickly assessed to determine whether the notification requirement in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has been triggered.
As the outsourced DPO, HewardMills works with clients to develop a tailored data breach response plan. Alternatively, we evaluate our clients’ existing plans and help and help enhance them. We support our clients in taking the following recommended actions:
- Understand the flow of personal data through its organisation
- Ensure that security measures are in place and periodically tested
- Regularly conduct staff training and awareness
- Put in place clear policies and procedures regarding the handling of personal data breaches
- Create an environment where data protection is embedded in the culture of the organisation
- Abide by the GDPR principles of transparency and accountability
- Stay vigilant in an ever-changing landscape
HewardMills helps its clients to comply with data protection regulations, including: the GDPR, ePrivacy Directive, local legislation (for multijurisdictional organisations), cybersecurity laws, as well as legal and regulatory requirements arising from emerging technologies such as blockchain.
We are a multidisciplinary team of data protection practitioners, lawyers, corporate governance and cybersecurity experts, with a wealth of knowledge delivering data protection excellence and trust to your organisation.
If you would like to learn more about how HewardMills helps organisations handle and process data safely, securely and responsibly in line with international policies and regulations, please get in touch via telephone (+44 20 4540 5853 or +353 1669 4642) or email email@example.com today.